Being sick is never a pleasant thing. It's definitely never pleasant during the holidays. And this new crazy bug that's going around is hittin my crowd pretty hard, and I'm no exception. I had a big bad flu that knocked me out for about 2 weeks. Right when I was getting better I managed to get some form of sinus infection that just kept on going. Now it's in my lungs. Now there's green phlegm and it's bronchitis. Yay. But I don't have insurance and a doctors visit is easily 70 bucks and don't get me started on those expensive bad for you anti-biotics. I suppose I should stop focusing on school because finals are over now and start focusing on healing myself, because it's not good to be sick on Christmas.
I started my healing processes on Wednesday, the day before Christmas eve. I started off by kicking my butt with some antibiotics. Garlic is an amazing healing bulb, and oh so tasty. It has fab abilities to kill anything nasty around it, and far cheaper than going to get a perscription.
My amazingly talented boyfriend Matt made some fire cider and I've been using that as my main medicine. It's made from horseradish, ginger, garlic and cayenne. I drank so much of that stuff the first thing my mom asked me when I gave her a hug was "so you've been eating a lot of garlic huh?" lol! I don't care if I stink of garlic, as long as I can heal myself everyone else can just get used to my stinky healthy self.
Something I never had done before but now I'm addicted to it is using honey and lemon. I baught my dad a meyer lemon tree and now they have tons of lemons. I cut one upen and squeezed its contents in a cup and got a big spoon full of honey. Mix that concoction together and its a lemony treat that coats your throat and eases coughing urges.
I've also been taking an ocea tincture to help with my lungs, and I love that stuff. It's been super healing.
Even though I smelled of garlic I had an awesome christmas and I wasn't too sick to enjoy myself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment